Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Italy (Venice the next morning)

Last night, I told Pam that I wanted to wake up early. Easy to say but still hard to accomplish but I did it, of course to perform Subuh prayer. My body began to malfunction at 6.30am and I slept until 8.30am.
Wargh! 8.30am was considered late since I need to fully ultilised my time during the tour. It wasn’t easy for me to reach Italy once again. Today, I’m going to Firenze (Florence) since Pam recommended it and I didn’t want to miss any great city Italy. As advised by Annalisa, I decided to walk to Venezia Santa Lucia train station. Pam was heading there too, so I decided to follow her because she was very informative. A Venice guidebook was held in her hand. As we walked, she referred to the guidebook and informed me about the tourist attractions in Venice. I wasn’t lazy. The book is written in Spanish. Of course I didn’t understand it. Thanks again to Pam. We went into a church, if I’m not mistaken it was Basilica San Paolo (sorry Pam). During that time, she told me that she’s Catholic and I informed her that I'm Muslim.
We stopped in Rialto and took pictures.

Pam in Rialto.

It was early and not many people were there. I was still ‘mamai’ (the state of being unconscious after sleep) and I just followed Pam. Hahaha.

Me in Rialto, still sleepy.

Venice market was good too. You could get lots of fresh food but still expensive compared to what we can have in UK or Malaysia.

Venice market

Pam knew a lot about politics while I wasn’t really good at it. Shame! In Venice, the posters for election candidates couldn’t be stick onto the wall of buildings, so they used temporary board and placed it at the piazza.

Election posters.

Finally, we reached Venezia Santa Lucia train station. I bought a Eurostar ticket to Firenze Santa Maria Novella train station and bid farewell to Pam. Hopefully we’ll meet again next time. You’ve made my day in Venice. Thank you.

Trenitalia Frecciarganto

The luxurious Frecciargento.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awek mana kau culik ni faries?

saye kerink said...

Salam.
ehh ini last entry pasal Italy ke?
takde lagi? berminat nak tahu lagi ney..
btw, Cik Pam looks friendly.huhu

p/s; tido sebilik dengan dia? *tertanya2*

yAtiE said...

wah! canteq la dia pnye train huhu
n awek 2 pon comel jek hi.hi

joegrimjow said...

oooooo
kene p venice jugak ni!

Uncle said...

Kak Eica: Awek ni roomate saya kat Venice kak. Rezeki jgn ditolak.

Faris: X la. Byk lagi. Cuma kena siapkan assignment dulu sebelum utamakan blog. Sori.. Cik Pam was very friendly. Mmg sebilik ngan dia, tapi don't worry, she's a good one.

Yatie: Train tu mahal nak mampus. Lagi mahal dr tiket flight dan sgt laju. Main2 jah bleh naik sampai 260km/h.

Joe: Sila2 ke Venice. Best!