Monday, March 15, 2010

Whirlow Hall Farm

It was a photography time again. This time, I joined the Sheffield PhotoSoc outing to Whirlow Hall Farm, just outside the hustle and bustle city of Sheffield. We gathered at the entrance of Endcliffe Park, just next to the historical Hunters Bar. I had to walk for 30 minutes to get there. Thank God that the weather was so nice, sunny and not really cold.
At the Endcliffe Park entrance, there was no one from PhotoSoc. It was 11 am, so I text Beckie, the social secretary to confirm the trip. While waiting for her to reply my message, I walked around the park. There is a playground, full of children. Next to it is a massive field where a group of students was playing a game using tools like fishing net. "This is UK", I said to myself.
About 10 minutes later, I received a text message from Beckie. She was waiting at the park entrance. I went there and met some other PhotoSoc members.
Since it was already 12, we immediately took a bus from the Ecclesall Road bus stop to the Whirlow Hall Farm. The is no bus service exactly to the farm, so we had to stop beside the main road and walk about 15 minutes to the countryside.
The place is very nice, just like what we see in television, but not exactly the same as the place where Teletubbies live.

Sheep in the farm.

Lambs.

Some of them were very excited when they see sheep and other dairy animals. I remained normal since there are plenty of these animals in my village. It wasn't rare for me except for one. Mr and Mrs Piggie together with their children, the piglets. It was a new experience for me to see how they're breed in the farm. Of course I did not touch them. Their smell was really awful and they're very sensitive towards diseases, explaining why our group had to step on some disinfectant before we went into their barn.

"What are you doing here?", he asked me.


The lazy blacks.

I also noticed that some of them are black. No wonder my friends always say, "Hitam macam babi" (As black as pig).

Some of the PhotoSoc members in the pig barn.

There were also chickens and horses in this farm. Adam the president likes horses very much, and sometimes he did speak to the horses. Way to go Adam.

Miki photographing a horse.


Tired of being in a farm.


When it comes to photography, everything is art.

I was very unfortunate on that day and the creature to be blamed can be seen in the picture below.

The Criminal

I need to samak my shoes and trouser. Hopefully this is the first and last time for me.

Finally, thanks to PhotoSoc for this great experience.



6 comments:

yAtiE said...

comel jek, cam best je view
nati g la tmpt len pulop
bleh ak ekot jelajah skali
haha~

norfadila2010 said...

nati leh amek gmbar aku plop.. hahahaha

Uncle said...

bereh rakan2...gambar fadila? erk!

norfadila2010 said...

weiiii.. ok fine.. msj smpai.. ;p

saye kerink said...

salam. wohoo! active sungguh photosoc ney.
luas pemandangan bila bersama dengan photosoc.
interesting experience.
eh eh nak tanye, kat situ ke teletubies tinggal???

Uncle said...

x la. ko nih. jgn caya apa yg aku tulis. kdg2 temberang gak.