Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend

Saturday Thoriq and I took part in a volunteering activity, namely Community Garden. It took place in Endcliffe village, Sheffield. We worked for about 2 hours only, since there was not much can be done at the garden. I found that Broomhill, the place where we went for gardening is much better than our Broomhall, the place where I'm staying right now. 'Tranquility', a best word to describe Broomhill. In the evening, I joined my housemates, except for Thoriq(representative of 10 Holberry Close to Maulidurrasul celebration) watched 'Alice in Wonderland' in Cineworld, Valley Centertainment. An interesting movie, but its kind of freaked me out. A rabbit with a watch, a big headed ugly queen, a flying monsters, a rat with a needle as the weapon and so on. Its really a wonderland, but I prefer to stay in this world. That night, Subway had been chosen as a place for us to have our dinner.

Sunday I woke up late. At 10.30 am I think. I slept after Subuh which is not good for our health and mind. Since it was sunny outside, I decided to join Photosoc outing to Park Hill and also Victoria Quays, but I made up my mind to stay in the city center and take pictures there. Pisang then called me, informing me that he wanted to join Photosoc activity. Once again I changed my mind. I waited for Pisang at the train station. We went to the Park Hill and finally Victoria Quays where we met everyone from Photosoc.

Park Hill, Sheffield

Victoria Quays, Sheffield

I had no idea on what kind of picture should I take, maybe because I'm a beginner in this field, or I'm not creative. Never mind. The outing was supposed to end at a pub, but we decided to go back earlier to perform Maghrib prayer.

PhotoSoc members in Wicker

Pisang asked me, "Why do they go to cafe and drink, and then go to the pub, again to drink? " Wanna pee...tut.....

7 comments:

3F@unsp0ken said...

xkn kua outing foto byk tu je gmbr?? huhu~

syahmi said...

subway halalan toyyiba dkt uk?

Uncle said...

fatin: ilek luh. flickr aku da sampai limit.
syami: byk hok halalan toyyiba kat sini. kfc, subway dan kedai2 pakistan. malangnya mcd x halal lg.

yAtiE said...

ciss...mane aci!!
cni alice in wnderland 11hb neh bru kua
4 sure la brderu pakat peg panggung
huhu

3F@unsp0ken said...

ouh. bereh!

Uncle said...

Yati: Hahaha. Alice in Wonderland cito khurafat. X pyh tgk.

nurinkhairi said...

broomhill memang many times more beautiful than broomhall. broomhall ni byk rumah kos murah n byk immigrants haha, broomhill pulak leafy suburbs yang banyak english families tinggal.