Thursday, March 12, 2009

Journey to Madinah

26th of February 2009, I woke earlier than ever. By 4.30 am, I already finished packing my luggage and ready to go. My father and I need to board a morning AK flight to Kuala Lumpur from Penang International Airport. After I got my seat number, I board the flight and noticed the arrival of 737-800 owned by Malaysia Airlines. A brand new aircraft to replace the old 737-400.

Malaysia Airlines Boeing 737-400

Our flight was delayed for about 20 minutes due to congested morning traffic towards Penang International Airport. It wasn't a safe time for us to take-off since the turbulence from another aircraft may blew our aircraft, resulting the worst condition. The weather from Penang to Ipoh was good but we began to experience a bumpy ride when our captain start descending towards Kuala Lumpur International Airport. You can see how thick the clouds in the picture below.If possible, try to imagine the situation faced by us. It was a normal one for pilots but for us, aww...

View from the window

We arrived in Kuala Lumpur approximately 3 hours before our next flight to Prince Mohammed Airport (Madinah). This journey was via King Khaled International Airport (Riyadh). I used this time to recharge my digital camera battery as it was predicted that I'm going to use it excessively.

KLIA check-in counter

Not to forget, at the check-in counter in KLIA, I met Pian's girlfriend a.k.a my senior from Kolej Mara Seremban. She was on her way to Wellington after not a very long holidays. A very friendly person although I did not know her that much. And I called her 'Kak'. Is that too much? Huhuhu...She will be on the Royal Brunei Airlines. According to her, the fare is much cheaper compare to Malaysia Airlines and the journey is more 'barakah'. I just say...mmmm..ok and smile. ( To Pian: Take good care of your girl, or else you'll be regretted)


Royal Brunei A319 to Bandar Seri Begawan

The plane I boarded was docked at gate C4 and we need to be on board before 1400. Not a problem for us I thought.

Saudi Arabian 747-300 to Madinah (via Riyadh) at gate C4

The 9 hours journey to Madinah began. I just slept and ate since we were given 3 meals before we arrived in Riyadh and an additional one from Riyadh to Madinah.

Onboard the aircraft

It was already dark by the time we touched down at Riyadh. It was a new experience for me since I had never been to Saudi Arabia before. I promised to myself that I'm going to spent my time there wisely. Huhuhu..

King Khaled International Airport

Finally, after 1 hour 15 minutes journey from Riyadh, I finally arrived safely in Prince Mohammed Airport in Madinah. I was looking for the Masjid Nabawi, but I was informed that it is far from the airport. So, I waited patiently..

Passengers deplane at Madinah

3 comments:

:: abdussolehin :: said...

wah..pegi umrah ke?beshnye..huhu..sangat teringin ke sana.huhu..

Uncle said...

ha'ah.InsyaAllah ada rezeki nanti, ko pegi la.Agak best..

a.y.u said...

wow...
bestnyer..tak ajak pon...
insyaallah..
duit cukup nanti,aku pon akn ke sana...
soon...