Monday, February 2, 2009

Hari Raya Korban

As I mentioned before, my post are a little bit late.Hope you guys won't mind.For this post, I'm gonna write about the Hari Raya Korban a.k.a Hari Raya Haji.For most of the west coast state in Malaysia, this hari raya is not really significant.I once asked a friend from KL on how his family celebrate this festival.He simply replied, "Kitorg bangun pagi, gi solat sunat hari raya pastu balik umah mcm biasa je".
For me who celebrated this hari raya in the east coast of Malaysia, it is similar to how we celebrate Hari Raya Puasa or Aidilfitri.Of course we'll gather at my grandparents house in Bachok, Kelantan for about two or three days.Its really fun.
When we talk about this celebrations, most people will think about cows to be sacrificed (I'm not sure about this statement).We're happy to hear about the coming feast but I don't know how did the cows community feel about this.Maybe they can accept it was their fate that there were sent to the Earth as animals and being sacrificed on this holy day maybe.
For the kids especially, this celebration is like crazy to them.They got to meet each other and play non-stop, sometimes until 2 or 3 am in the morning.I was like that too when I was a kid.I have no idea on what I should write...so, I leave this crucial tasks to some of the pictures yaa...Bye.

Can u see how happy were they?


Some of my cousins


The 'sembelihan'


Another sembelihan


My uncle..a doctor is not always be a doctor

No comments: